[CentOS] Centosplus & CentOS Extras, Enlarge your tent
jperrin at gmail.com
Sun Mar 12 01:57:40 UTC 2006
To drag this thread back kicking and screaming to topic....
This is the mindset I've been operating with
1. Core packages will NOT be modified except by rpms in centosplus.
2. Packages in centosplus will provide more recent versions of core
packages, such as php5, mysql5, rdesktop etc, or added functionality
such as postfix with mysql and postgresql support.
3. Packages included in centosplus should be of sufficient quality
that maintaining them over the lifespan of centos won't generate
overly rapid change, or instability.
4. Packages will not be duplicated across cooperating repos. If dag
has an older version, report it, or submit an update for inclusion.
There's nothing that says you can't help out. If something in
Kbs-Extras doesn't mesh, same deal. Centos is a 'community' based
distribution. You're part of the community, kbs and dag are neighbors.
Be nice to your neighbors.
5. Regular users who participate and provide feedback (yes, even
negative so long as it is constructive) get will be heard first. I
have no problem building things for people who request them, so long
as time and work load allow, but I expect you to put the same effort
into testing it, providing feedback etc. If you want to make demands
without effort, I'll happily help you... via a consulting contract for
a hefty fee :-P .
"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary
safety deserve neither liberty nor safety''
Benjamin Franklin 1775
More information about the CentOS