[CentOS] Missing Dependencies

Alexander Dalloz ad+lists at uni-x.org
Sun Mar 12 15:36:34 UTC 2006

Am So, den 12.03.2006 schrieb Robert Moskowitz um 13:45:

> I finally got to installing TinyCA2 but have some dependency problems:
>
> yum localinstall tinyca2-0.7.2-0.noarch.rpm
>
> --> Processing Dependency: perl-Gtk2 for package: tinyca2
> --> Processing Dependency: perl-MIME-Base64 for package: tinyca2
> --> Finished Dependency Resolution
> Error: Missing Dependency: perl-Gtk2 is needed by package tinyca2
> Error: Missing Dependency: perl-MIME-Base64 is needed by package tinyca2
>

> I ASSuME this means that these packages are not in the CentOS distro.
>
> So where can I find them?  Perhaps this is part of CentOSplus??

MIME::Base64 is part of the main Perl package CentOS ships with. The
dependency set inside the RPM you use for that module does not fit on
CentOS. Instead of requiring a module RPM it should require
"perl(MIME::Base64).
For perl-Gtk2 see i.e.

http://centos.karan.org/el4/extras/stable/i386/RPMS/repodata/repoview/perl-Gtk2-0-1.062-1.html

Alexander

Serendipity 16:33:57 up 16 days, 18:22, load average: 0.73, 0.28, 0.14