[CentOS] Apache, fastcgi, ruby-on-rails etc.

Craig White craigwhite at azapple.com
Sun Mar 12 21:40:29 UTC 2006

On Sun, 2006-03-12 at 14:58 -0600, Johnny Hughes wrote:
> On Sun, 2006-03-12 at 17:33 +0100, Michael Metz wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I've read a bit about fastcgi, and wondered if it might be an
> > interesting solution for e.g. running php in a user-switched environment
> > or running ruby-on-rails etc.
> >
> > But I wonder why nobody (searched on Google) seems to use CentOS with
> > mod_fastcgi for Apache 2.x.
> >
> > And I also wonder why people actually using Apache 2.x and ruby-on-rails
> > with CentOS did run a lighthttpd-fastcgi inbetween and reverse-proxying
> > requests from Apache to lighthttpd to actually forward them to RoR
> > running as fastcgi.
> >
> > Could sombody please give me a hint?
> >

> For the record, our mirrorlist selection program uses fastcgi and
> lighttpd.
----
and probably rightly so.

My gather from ruby list is that mod_fastcgi broke with apache-2 and it
went neglected for quite some time and now someone has picked it back up
and it's modestly functional - at least for ruby (I provided a link
earlier in the thread) and eventually should become a standard mod for
apache again.

Craig