[CentOS] Subversion 1.3 RPM for x86_64

Craig White craigwhite at azapple.com
Sun Mar 12 22:28:10 UTC 2006

On Sun, 2006-03-12 at 17:14 -0500, Jim Perrin wrote:
> On 3/12/06, Craig White <craigwhite at azapple.com> wrote:
> > On Sun, 2006-03-12 at 20:30 +0100, Morten wrote:
> > > Hi. I'm having problems [1] building the RPMs from the source RPM,
> > > anyone know where/if I can find RPMs for x86_64?
> > ----
> > SRPM (but not close to 1.3.x)
> >
> > http://mirrors.easynews.com//linux/centos/4.2/os/SRPMS/subversion-1.1.4-2.ent.src.rpm
>
> > My general impression is that it doesn't build on 86_64 and the i386 is
> > what you have to use at this point but I definitely don't know.
>
> Of course it builds. How else would we get subversion into the x86_64 release?
----
because he couldn't get it loaded and I looked and didn't see it...which
of course, I looked again just now and it is there  (me stoopid) (damn
bifocals)...
----

> rpmforge has updated svn packages, but they seem to have 1.2.1.
> Perhaps if you ask nicely or request it, they'll update to 1.3.x
----
of course Mr. Smith doesn't think that repos should be replacing core
packages...

and by the way...thanks for the updated ruby packages in dev.centos.org
(again), I've installed the 1.84 packages now.

Craig