[CentOS] Re: centos] OT: routing between eth0 and ppp0 WITHOUT NAT

James Pifer jep at obrien-pifer.com
Mon Mar 13 20:23:44 UTC 2006

> One more thing as an addendum to the last post. If I run tcpdump on the
> machine on the remote side of the vpn I never see the echo request come
> in. So it's more than just a return route problem.
>
> As I see it, the problem is either on the FC3 machine not properly
> routing, or the VPN device is not properly handling it. Not sure how to
> really determine which is the culprit.
>
> James

Thanks for the help. Looks like the problem is on the VPN switch. It
can't do the routing like I want it to do. It wants to do a branch
office so I think I'll try to install freeswan and see what happens with
that. I know IPCop uses freeswan, or at least they used. The only
problem I had with that was that it only supported one network on the
"right" side. So if you had multiple networks, like 10. and 192. and
206. that were all routable, you could only get to one of them.

Again, thanks for the help.

James