[CentOS] Help. Failed event on md1

Dag Wieers dag at wieers.com
Tue Mar 14 10:21:10 UTC 2006

On Tue, 14 Mar 2006, Fajar Priyanto wrote:

> On Tuesday 14 March 2006 02:47 pm, Dag Wieers wrote:
> > On Tue, 14 Mar 2006, Fajar Priyanto wrote:
> > If this is a normal SCSI disk (ie. not SATA), I would use smartctl to
> > check if this disk has errors.
>
> It is a SATA disks :(
> So, when I run smartd, it says that currently it doesn't support SATA.

When you can bring the machine down, you might want to boot a recent
kernel (>= 2.6.15) and test the disk with smartctl. (knoppix probably will
not work, but a recent live-cd that has 2.6.15 and smartctl).

FC4 with the 2.6.15 kernel worked. You'll probably have to wait until EL5
for smartctl libata support in CentOS.

Kind regards,