[CentOS] Dell TrueMobile 1400 Wireless card

Karanbir Singh mail-lists at karan.org
Tue Mar 14 11:09:32 UTC 2006

Peter Kitchener wrote:
> Has anyone had any luck with getting the Dell TrueMobile 1400 A/B/G
> wireless card working under Linux? I have experimented with ndiswrapper,
> i have had nothing but problems trying to get it to work. I was
> wondering if anyone has found a native Linux driver for the card. It
> uses a Broadcom 4309 chipset.

the bcm43xx support is very new into the linux kernel, and is not really
going to either build or run on the 2.6.9.EL series of kernels used on
CentOS4, and there is no chance its even going near on CentOS3 / 2.1

your best bet is going to be ndiswrapper. I used a linksys card for
almost 2 years with ndiswrapper, and that worked ok for me. Depending on
  the sort of issues you are having, might want to talk to the people on
the ndismailing list or try their irc channel #ndiswrapper on
irc.freenode.net

its been a while, but i recall having to run a slightly older version of
ndiswrapper to get everything working properly.

- KB