[CentOS] ATI X300 on CentOS 4

centos at 911networks.com centos at 911networks.com
Wed Mar 15 00:51:39 UTC 2006

Kanwar Ranbir Sandhu wrote:
> Hello Everyone,
>
> I'm running the x86_64 bit version of CentOS 4 on a dual AMD Opteron
> server.  The graphics card is an ATI Radeon X300.  At the moment, Xorg
> is configured to use the open source driver, radeon.  The server itself
> is connected to a KVM switch, which has otherwise not caused any issues.

CentOS 4.2 does NOT work with ATI! Period! not x86-64 and x86.. X
is completely screwed up. I hope that this will be fixed with
4.3. I had to switch to an nVidia card that works perfectly.

This is not just CentOS, it's X. I had the same problem with
Ubuntu, but SuSE worked perfectly without any problem, they have
newer drivers.

I tried with the drivers from X and from ATI, same.

If you can live with it, you can edit Xorg.conf and change the
driver to VESA, but it's ugly.

--
Thanks
http://www.911networks.com