[CentOS] Whereis system-config-kickstart

Robert Moskowitz rgm at htt-consult.com
Fri Mar 17 21:25:27 UTC 2006

At 12:12 PM 3/17/2006, Robert wrote:
>Robert Moskowitz wrote:

>>>You might do a
>>>$ yum grouplist
>>

>>ok.
>>
>>>To see what groups are available and have a look at
>>>/root/anaconda-ks.cfg
>>>on a pretty much loaded system.  Then there's the help file at
>>>file:///usr/share/doc/system-config-kickstart-2.5.16.1/system-config-kickstart-basic.html
>>>
>>>which is in the RPM you just installed.
>>

>>Did not help me much at all.
>>
>>Where IS this .xml file in the Centos directories?  I do have a local share.
>

>Finding the file is no big deal:
>[rj at mavis ~]$ locate comps.xml
>/usr/share/comps/i386/comps.xml

hmmm.

>[rj at mavis ~]$

Oh, you have a computer called mavis too?  :)

>Attempting to second-guess the question and establish some context
>is a whole 'nother matter.  I thought that all you wanted to do is
>create a kickstart file.  Is that incorrect?

I want to build a kickstart file.  To do that, I want to know what
there is to kickstart in.  So I need to learn a bit about the groups
and the apps in the groups.  All I have done so far has been to do an
interactive install, or use an anaconda-ks.cfg file with some
mods.  And then the anaconda-ks.cfg afterwards did not list the same packages!