[CentOS] Mirror Mirror on the wall, who is the slowest of them all? CentOS

Sat Mar 18 17:21:53 UTC 2006

On Sat, 2006-03-18 at 12:10 -0500, ryan wrote:
> "In order to offer all users of Pie Box Enterprise Linux products easy access
> to compiled updates and packages that have not yet been installed, we supply
> a number of subscription based services. By charging a small fee we can
> provide the network infrastructure and cover the associated costs.
>
> Three subscription options are offered:
>
>    1. 3 Months
>    2. 6 Months
>    3. 12 Months
> "
>
> http://www.piebox.com/products.php
>

> On Saturday 18 March 2006 11:26 am, Jim Smith wrote:
>
> > Piebox released theirs on March 10th. See distrowatch weekly or
> > http://www.piebox.com/news.php#2006-03-10

Just to carry this a little further ...

If the 850,000 unique IPs that get updates from us in the last 12 months
paid the project $30.00 each .... that is:

$25.5 Million Dollars

Now, if I had $25.5 million dollars, I would make sure that you got your
respin updates the next day (exactly as they come form upstream).

Of course, CentOS is free ... and we don't get paid anything ... BUT, it
would be nice.