[CentOS] Mirror Mirror on the wall, who is the slowest of them all? CentOS

William L. Maltby BillsCentOS at triad.rr.com
Sat Mar 18 17:34:54 UTC 2006

On Sat, 2006-03-18 at 08:11 -0600, Johnny Hughes wrote:
> On Sat, 2006-03-18 at 05:45 -0800, Jim Smith wrote:
> > Some of the other RHEL rebuilds take one or two days, while CentOS
> > takes 2 weeks.<snip>

> Mr. Smith,

There's your 2nd mistake: giving undeserved respect! Your 1st was
wasting time responding to such an obviously inane individual, based on
his current and previous contributions to the project list, which has
consisted only of hot air which, as we all know, is cheap.

My only complaint about this project is the suppression of *occasional*
ad-hoc and short-lived humor by certain team members and the relatively
frequent and long-lived brouhahas that seem to consistently swirl around
individuals named "Smith".

<snipped some of my own highly scathing comments about gene pools and
behavior since it was non-productive. Unusual self-control
demonstrated.>

For me, if it takes 6 months to do the job "right", I still appreciate
it. If that's not fast enough, I can contribute, as was suggested by
another.

> 1.  If you can show me a FREE rebuild <snip>

And at the risk of being called an "ass kisser" by the current "Smith",
I'll add my voice to the chorus of thanks.

Let's all not waste anymore time on things of this ilk. Ignore them like
you must sometimes ignore spoiled children who <snippage again of my
comments>

Bill