[CentOS] Bad repo file

Lorin B Pino ljpino at grundyec.net
Mon Mar 20 01:11:27 UTC 2006

Jim Perrin wrote:

>On 3/19/06, Lorin B Pino <ljpino at grundyec.net> wrote:
>>I have yum working with dags and dries, etc, but I have done something
>>to the main repo file that causes yum to error.  Can anyone tell me what
>>is wrong with this file?
>What is the error that yum gives you?
>"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary
>safety deserve neither liberty nor safety''
>Benjamin Franklin 1775
>CentOS mailing list
>CentOS at centos.org
Error: Bad repository file ///etc/yum.repos.d/CentOS-Base.repo.
Setting up Update Process
Setting up repositories
dries                     100% |=========================|  951 B    00:00
dag                       100% |=========================| 1.1 kB    00:00
kbs-CentOS-Extras         100% |=========================|  951 B    00:00
kbs-CentOS-Misc           100% |=========================|  951 B    00:00
jpackage-rhel             100% |=========================|  951 B    00:00
macromedia                100% |=========================|  951 B    00:00
jpackage-generic          100% |=========================|  951 B    00:00

Everything works, but the repo file provided by CentOS.  I am assuming I
edited something wrong.  I just checked the permissions, and they are
the same as the other repo files.  Any ideas?  Will I get access to any
other programs with the CentOS repo, or is everything provided through
the others that are working?