[CentOS] NTP

Sam Drinkard sam at wa4phy.net
Mon Mar 20 15:36:08 UTC 2006

I'm having a bit of trouble with the ntpd on my server.  When I login
and execute either ntpd or ntpq, and enter either a dmpeers or peers, it
returns a message "Name or service not known".  It has the same ntp
configuration as the x86_64 machine here at home, which works as
advertized.  The daemon is running and I've even done a restart to make
sure it's reading in the peers.  Is there something I'm missing somehow
that I get the no service or name error?  FWIW, you can enter a host or
peer, such as time.nist.gov or ntp1.twc.weather.com but after doing
that, and then issuing the dmpeers command, it returns for hosts

LOCAL(0)       and

both with all the offsets, delay, poll, etc...