[CentOS] NTP

Sam Drinkard

sam at wa4phy.net
Mon Mar 20 15:36:08 UTC 2006

I'm having a bit of trouble with the ntpd on my server.  When I login
and execute either ntpd or ntpq, and enter either a dmpeers or peers, it
returns a message "Name or service not known".  It has the same ntp
configuration as the x86_64 machine here at home, which works as
advertized.  The daemon is running and I've even done a restart to make
sure it's reading in the peers.  Is there something I'm missing somehow
that I get the no service or name error?  FWIW, you can enter a host or
peer, such as time.nist.gov or ntp1.twc.weather.com but after doing
that, and then issuing the dmpeers command, it returns for hosts

LOCAL(0) 127.0.0.1       and
*HOPF_S(0)   127.0.0.1

both with all the offsets, delay, poll, etc...

Suggestions?

Sam