[CentOS] lphdisk and kickstart partitioning - laptop install

Matt Hyclak hyclak at math.ohiou.edu
Tue Mar 21 04:43:32 UTC 2006

On Mon, Mar 20, 2006 at 08:40:26PM -0600, Robert Moskowitz enlightened us:
> So I want the suspend to disk option.
> I have found lphdisk http://www.procyon.com/~pda/lphdisk/
> It says to create a primary partition of type a0
> How do I do this in kickstart?  Will it let me do a type?
> part /??? --fstype a0 --size 1058
> size is 1024 + 32 + 2
> What do I put in for the mount point?
> Where do I go for help?  I have exhausted google...

I would suggest reading the documentation about kickstart, not just

You'll notice the listing of valid fstype options, none of which are a0.

I would recommend looking to %pre or %post sections to format the right
partition type for you with the native tools.

Matt Hyclak
Department of Mathematics
Department of Social Work
Ohio University