[CentOS] Something keep modifying cups config

Reuben D. Budiardja

techlist at pathfinder.phys.utk.edu
Tue Mar 21 20:02:51 UTC 2006

Hello,
I have the following line in my /etc/cups/mime.types uncommented :
application/octet-stream

so that Windows machine which can use the printer driver can print through the
cups printer set up on a CentOS box.
But something keep changing the file by commenting out the line. So sometimes
printing from Windows would stop working and it the cups error_log I see:

E [21/Mar/2006:12:58:34 -0500] print_job: Unsupported format
'application/octet-stream'!
I [21/Mar/2006:12:58:34 -0500] Hint: Do you have the raw file printing rules
enabled?

All I need is usually just uncomment that line in /etc/cups/mime.types and
restart cups.

So I couldn't figure out what keeps changing the files. Am I not supposed to
edit the file directly, or am I missing something else here ?

Thanks for any help.
RDB
--
Reuben D. Budiardja