[CentOS] Something keep modifying cups config

Aleksandar Milivojevic alex at milivojevic.org
Wed Mar 22 06:11:36 UTC 2006

Reuben D. Budiardja wrote:
> So I couldn't figure out what keeps changing the files. Am I not supposed to
> edit the file directly, or am I missing something else here ?

You have system-config-printer package installed.  Which believes it has
complete control over Cups configuration.  Each time cups package is
updated, it will use system-config-printer to regenerate configuration
file, overwriting your changes.  Some other processes may trigger it
too.  If you are manually setting Cups configuration, simply deinstall
system-config-printer and all should be fine.  If you are using GUI,
don't touch the files with vi editor.