[CentOS] futex.. How to remove lots of duplicate packages

Dave wintermutecx at gmail.com
Wed Mar 22 16:52:51 UTC 2006

On 3/22/06, Rodrigo Barbosa <rodrigob at suespammers.org> wrote:

> On Wed, Mar 22, 2006 at 08:12:04AM -0800, Dave wrote:
> > This is the second time on a version upgrade that I've been hit with
> > the futex wait issue. Last time I hung with about 5 packages to go,
> > this time it hung with about 50 packages on the clean up. Now I have
> > loads of duplicate packages, any way to search and/or remove them
> > without trying to do it manually?
>
> rpm -qa --qf "%{NAME}\n" | sort | uniq -d

Thanks, that makes it easier to find the dupes, unfortunately it looks
worse then I first thought.

rpm -qa --qf "%{NAME}\n" | sort | uniq -d | wc -l
124

Hmm, maybe a full reinstall might be less painful. I've been hit with
this futex thing quite a few times over the past 5 or so years, twice
on the upgrade for CentOS. The rest on Fedora and RH 9, etc. Anyone
know why this hasn't been fixed all this time?  Is it not fixable?
Anyway to insure this doesn't happen again on an upgrade?