[CentOS] kernel source

Jim Perrin jperrin at gmail.com
Thu Mar 23 21:38:33 UTC 2006

> I am trying to install the kernel src rpm that I've downloaded from the
> CentOS ftp, kernel-2.6.9-22.EL.src.rpm. I hope to compile the kernel
> with XFS enabled. However, I have tried to simply run:

This is an old kernel. There is a kernel module package for the
default kernel with updated XFS support written for centos for this
kernel version. I believe the plan was to roll the updated XFS code
into the unsupported kernel for -34/ centos 4.3

> ps. I have tried to install the CentOSplus kernel with xfs and that is
> completely unstable for me.

That's because it's XFS from 2.6.9, and something that RHEL doesn't
support, so there's no real worry if one of their patches breaks XFS
support. Using the updated centos XFS code will be the least painful,
though it's a promise that it'll be stable either.

safety deserve neither liberty nor safety''
Benjamin Franklin 1775