[CentOS] Evolution Updated RPM

Brent DiNicola centos at elric.net
Fri Mar 24 15:10:48 UTC 2006

I realize that the Evolution included with 4.3 is not really 2.0, but it
is not 2.4/2.6 either. Has anyone out there tried or successfully updated
Evolution to the 2.6 version (or even 2.4) on CentOS? The OS is doing
great on the desktop, I am however trying to use a Scalix connector that
relies on some major changes that were done around 2.4 version of
Evolution and it's Data Server. I have done a bit of digging and so far,
to update to Evolution 2.4+ you would need a newer form of glib2
installed, which at that point would be a core update. Anyone have any
luck or advice on this? Perhaps someone got the Scalix connector working
on older Evolution (which would be ok with me).

Brent DiNicola
The Whitewolf of Imrryr
<centos .AT. elric.net>
Disclaimer: Any opinions expressed here are from my dog. Any liabilities
fall to the dog.