[CentOS] Another server hosed

Fri Mar 24 23:06:03 UTC 2006

On Fri, 2006-03-24 at 12:41 -0800, centos at 911networks.com wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Just upgraded a remote 4.1 server [basically Samba] with yum
> update. Went through the process and every showed OK, when I did
> a restart, the only thing working is ping. I could ping it, but
> that's it.
>
> Could not connect anymore through SSH, could not connect through
> SMB. My smb.conf is still there and it still shows my settings.
> Testparm -L reports the correct info, but nobody can connect.
>
> I now have the server being shipped back. Anybody also having
> problems?

I have upgraded dozens of machines with no problems ... I have seen one
other person with ssh type issues.

I would say when you get the server, take a look at any .rpmnew items on
the date of install and see what they might say.  You might some special
configurations that might need some newer items rolled into them.

Also, if you have selinux on, take a look at that very hard.