[CentOS] yum update killed on cleanup stage - anything to worry about?

Will McDonald wmcdonald at gmail.com
Sat Mar 25 18:29:31 UTC 2006

On 25/03/06, Matt Arnilo S. Baluyos (Mailing Lists)
<matt.baluyos.lists at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> I had to kill yum while it's on the cleanup stage (somehow it stalled
> so i killed it).
>
> Should I be worried about anything in this situation? If so, how do I
> go about fixing it?

I had to do that on one of our servers the other day after a 4.2 ->
4.3 Yum update. I was a little worried but after reboot the system
seemed fine.

Eep. Actually, checking more closely, I appear to have ended up in the
same state as Dave in the "futex.. How to remove lots of duplicate
packages" thread...

http://lists.centos.org/pipermail/centos/2006-March/thread.html#21387

I have a bunch of duplicate packages I'm going to have to sort through
manually and remove the older versions...

rpm -qa --qf "%{NAME}.%{arch}\n" | sort | uniq -d
apr.i386
audit.i386
autofs.i386
bzip2.i386