[CentOS] point release security updates?

Sun Mar 26 17:14:18 UTC 2006

On Sun, 2006-03-26 at 18:58 +0200, Christian Nygaard wrote:
> I have a question regarding security updates for Centos 4.
>
> If you are currently running older point releases for example CentOS
> 4.1 or 4.2, do you have to upgrade to CentOS 4.3 to be able to get the
> latest security updates or can you simply stick to the old point
> release?
>
> I notice that there is sendmail update in 4.3 but not in 4.2
>
> Cheers,
> Chris

Just like the upstream provider, there is only one set of updates.

The 4.2 tree will be off all the mirrors soon, and /4/ is where you
should be getting updates {not 4.2 or 4.3}.  (and all the repos for that
matter).  That is how the default yum / up2date is setup.  If you look
at the 4.0 or 4.1 tree at the readme file, all should be clear.  /4/
currently pointing to the 4.3 tree for all arches except alpha and ppc.

There is no update 1, update 2, or update 3 trees with the upstream
provider only the latest updates ... you either install them all ... or
individually download the ones you want.

4.2 will be in vault.centos.org ... however there will be no updates
applied into that tree anymore.