[CentOS] I am computer literate!

William L. Maltby BillsCentOS at triad.rr.com
Wed Mar 29 02:12:14 UTC 2006

On Mon, 2006-03-27 at 15:53 +0100, Joseph Haig wrote:
> Lamar Owen wrote:
>
> >>On Fri, 24 Mar 2006, Rodrigo Barbosa wrote:
> >> <snip>

> The city of Tuttle will not know what has hit them.  Will they now get
> the FBI out to investigate a DDOS from slashdot?

If so, and in case the FBI is as clueless, send them here

http://httpd.apache.org/docs/1.3/misc/FAQ.html#year2000

Where they can confirm these immortal (now) words:

Why has Apache stolen my favourite site's Internet address?

The simple answer is: "It hasn't." This misconception is usually caused
by the site in question having migrated to the Apache Web server
software, but not having migrated the site's content yet. When Apache is
installed, the default page that gets installed tells the Webmaster the
installation was successful. The expectation is that this default page
will be replaced with the site's real content. If it doesn't, complain
to the Webmaster, not to the Apache project -- we just make the software
and aren't responsible for what people do (or don't do) with it.

Johnny could have

    sed -e 's/Apache/CentOS/g'

and saved himself some typing, even though it would still take two
football teams and and Army to get the concept across.

Bill