[CentOS] Forum Decorum: a reminder seems appropriate.

William L. Maltby

BillsCentOS at triad.rr.com
Wed Mar 29 19:05:23 UTC 2006

I point to the following *not* as a license for more experienced folks
to become inordinately rude or terse with those who don't stick closely
to the guidelines presented, but in the hope that some of the newer
folks may have been ignorant of some of these "net common courtesies".

My goal is that we'll see "better" questions than some of what we've
had.

It starts here

http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html#asking

and goes through here

Don't ask people to reply by private e-mail

There is more of interest and there are postings on the web that are
shorter and more focused on the "do your homework and reports pertinent
data", but I'm getting the feeling that a general reminder is in order.

HTH and no offense targeted at/to anybody.

Bill