[CentOS] Re: CentOS 4.3 and apt-get

Ralph Alvy ralvy at warpmail.net
Thu Mar 30 15:54:35 UTC 2006

Mike Stankovic wrote:

> --- Ralph Alvy <ralvy at warpmail.net> wrote:
>
>> I see very clearly how yum accesses the CentOS repos
>> when I look in
>>
>>         /etc/yum.repos.d/CentOS-Base.repo
>>
>> But I don't see any equivalent file in
>>
>>         /etc/apt/sources.list.d
>>
>> All I have in that directory are list files like
>>
>>         dag.list
>>         dries.list
>>         freshrpms.list
>>         ...etc..
>>
>> How does apt-get know where to look for CentOS repo
>> stuff?
>
> In mine
> $ ls /etc/apt/sources.list.d/
> centos.list  rpmforge.list
>
> Be aware though that some repos do not support apt4rpm

Hmmm...I see that I have the el4 version of apt installed. So I removed it
and then installed the centos version. That gave me a centos.list. But then
I did an apt-get update and upgrade and found that my dag.list caused apt
to remove my centos.list, upgrading to the el4 version of apt again. I then
renamed centos.list.rpmsave back to centos.list. Is this a problem?