[CentOS] Dante Socks server

Mace Eliason

meliason at shaw.ca
Thu Mar 30 22:09:49 UTC 2006

Hi,

I am running centos server 4.2 and I have installed dante-server socks
proxy  I yumed it off  a dag repo.

The problem I am having is configuring it.  I have edited the sockd.conf
file but it still tells me that I don't have an internal address setup.

Does anyone have any suggestions.

am I editing the wrong config file.

if I do a locate sock*.conf I get the following list

/etc/sockd.conf (this one was created by webmin plugin I downloaded for
editing dante)
/user/share/doc/dante-server-1.1.18/sockd.conf  (this is the one I edited)
/etc/socks.conf
/user/share/doc/dante-1.0.18/socks.conf

If anyone can help I would really appreciate it.

Mace