[CentOS] Has anybody recompiled Centos' default kernel on x86_64

Karanbir Singh mail-lists at karan.org
Fri Mar 31 12:07:18 UTC 2006

Bogdan Nicolescu wrote:

> I can confirm that it doesn't build.  One more person
> can confirm the same thing.  The same exact kernel
> compilation errors were in Centos 4.2.  Thread on
> Centos forum discussing the problem:
>
> http://www.centos.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=3519&forum=34
>
> An anaconda file would provide the EXACT environment
> on two different machines.  Right now the problem is
> in the "you say it works, and I say it doesn't work"
> stage.

install a 64bit clean machine, install everything. thats how the centos
buildsystems are setup.

I know it builds because the kernel in the distro is the one that i built!

setup a userlevel rpmroot, install the src.rpm file, 'rpmbuild -ba
kernel-2.6.spec' and post the buildlog somewhere, post a url to the
buildlog here in the list. please dont send the entire buildlog to the list.

- K