[CentOS] php on command line problems

Kai Schaetzl maillists at conactive.com
Fri Mar 31 12:14:43 UTC 2006

Ignacio Vazquez-Abrams wrote on Thu, 30 Mar 2006 20:31:05 -0500:

> http://www.php.net/manual/en/ini.core.php#ini.register-argc-argv

Ignacio, I do not want to access $argv[]. I want to access argv according
to the documented way, however, this works on CentOS only if I use the -n
switch. This is not like it is on other distributions and it is different
than the php documentation says. Yes, I'm fully aware that this is very
surely a problem in RHEL and CentOS just inherits it. I don't blame anyone
for this, I just ask for information. This "tiny" change means that you
have to use a different config file for command line usage of php because
it's pretty useless without command line arguments or mysql.

Kai

--
Kai Schätzl, Berlin, Germany