SELinux Problems (Was: [CentOS] Forum Decorum: a reminder seems appropriate.)

Josh Kelley joshkel at
Fri Mar 31 14:59:58 UTC 2006

On 3/29/06, Rodrigo Barbosa <rodrigob at> wrote:
> Is there a way to restore the original selinux context on these files ?
> Maybe using RPM (even tho I don't think the value is stored on the
> RPM database, I'm not sure).

Two more answers, just for the archives:

"restorecon filename" will restore the security contexts on an
individual file (rather than doing it systemwide or packagewide as
fixfiles does).

"touch /.autorelabel" will cause fixfiles relabel to be run at the
next reboot.  I'm not sure if or how that's better than running
fixfiles yourself.

Josh Kelley