[CentOS] Q's about switching from sendmail to postfix

Sun Mar 5 05:04:48 UTC 2006
Joe Klemmer <klemmerj at webtrek.com>

	Running CentOS 4.2 with all updates.  I've been using sendmail for my
MTA since forever.  I've grown used to it and I can make it do what I
want it to.  However (there's always a catch, isn't there)...

	Lately it seems that some mail is being lost.  I've noticed some
instances when a message was sent to myself and others which I will only
see if someone replies back to everyone.  Additionally, I am on the
word-a-day list and have noticed that occasionally I don't get the word
for that day.  At first I thought it was just me.  My .procmailrc is a
horror to look at and I've got some fairly aggressive anti-spam stuff
going on.  But my mother has mentioned this problem, too.  (I have my
whole family setup with email on my server, good son that I am)

	Anyway, I want to try swapping out sendmail for postfix to see if that
makes any kind of difference.  Now, I promise to hit the HOW-TO's and
FAQ's and google/A9 myself blue in the face, but if someone has already
done this could you kindly post a quick message with any "gotchas" you
found or any config issues you ran into it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Joe