[CentOS] Iptables hangs at shutdown

Tue Mar 7 01:54:50 UTC 2006
Jason Dixon <jason at dixongroup.net>

Hi all-

I have a Centos 3.6 server in production that hadn't been rebooted in
quite some time.  I was finally onsite today and took the chance to
reboot into the most current kernel, but the box hung  while
"stopping iptables".  Some Googling led me to one or two reports of
systems hanging while the iptables initscript unloaded the modules.

Has anyone else encountered this?  I haven't seen anything in the
archives to suggest this is a widespread (or even known) problem.
Because this locks the system where I can't perform any other
activities, it's near impossible to troubleshoot.  Can anyone point
to anything in the initscript that I might be able to disable as a
workaround?

Thanks,

--
Jason Dixon