[CentOS] How to test RAID-5

Thu Mar 9 10:07:10 UTC 2006
Simone <simone72 at email.it>

Hi, once you remove sda, you need to setup grub on sdb to get it
working. Just boot from the CentOS cd1 into linux rescue mode, and it
should autodetect your system and mount it under /mnt/sysimage.
Once you're in,
chroot /mnt/sysimage
/sbin/grub --> you get a prompt grub>

In my case I read in my grub.conf:
title CentOS (2.6.9-22.0.2.106.unsupportedsmp)
        root (hd0,0)

so at the grub> prompt I would type

grub> root (hd0,0)
grub> setup (hd0)
grub> quit

You can then exit, reboot and your system should be up and running.

Hope this helps