[CentOS] DELL openmanage question

Thu Mar 9 14:32:22 UTC 2006
David Mansfield <centos at dm.cobite.com>

On Wed, 2006-03-08 at 13:31 -0500, Robin Mordasiewicz wrote:
> Has someone created a how to or a tutorial for installing/configuring
> DELL openmanage on centos ?

Heh. Just did it yesterday.

Here's my cookbook.  It leaves out some info because it's written for me
and I know what I'm talking about ;-)  If you need any clarification,
let me know.

When you're finished, you should be able to find the web interface via

https://yourmachine.yourdomain.com:1311

installing omsa
===============

install net-snmp, net-snmp-utils then use 'chkconfig' and 'service' to
make sure it is running, and will start on subsequent boots

again, make sure snmpd is running

download the .tar.gz, e.g from dell website, for example:
 OMI-SrvAdmin-Dell-Web-LX-450-32-335_A00.tar.gz

untar somewhere

run installer:
 sh linux/supportscripts/srvadmin-install.sh --express

you may need to install compat-libstdc++ first, which comes in the tar file:
 rpm -Uvh linux/RPMS/compat-libstdc++-296-2.96-132.7.2.i386.rpm

it will start automatically on reboot, but to start the first time:
 srvadmin-services.sh start

configure snmp (optional)
=========================

to see if dataeng has snmp support:
 /etc/init.d/dataeng getsnmpstatus

if necessary, enable snmp through omsa:
 /etc/init.d/dataeng enablesnmp

NOTE: please fix the email addresses in the next instruction!

setup trap handling for snmptrapd. edit /etc/snmp/snmptrapd.conf and add:
 traphandle default /usr/bin/perl /usr/bin/traptoemail -s localhost -f from at yourdomain.com to at yourdomain.com

restart snmptrapd
 service snmptrapd restart

setup local snmpd to deliver traps to localhost. edit /etc/snmp/snmpd.conf (probably only v2 is necessary) and add:
 trapsink 127.0.0.1 public
 trap2sink 127.0.0.1 public

add the mibs
 find /opt/dell/ -name \*.mib -exec cp {} /usr/share/snmp/mibs \;

tell net-snmp progs to read the mibs. edit /etc/snmp/snmp.conf and add:
 mibs +MIB-Dell-10892:StorageManagement-MIB

restart snmpd
 service snmpd restart