[CentOS] DVD RAM drive and CentOS 4

Fri Mar 10 22:51:47 UTC 2006
Robert Tate <rbt at iag.net>

On Tuesday 07 March 2006 09:48, Will McDonald wrote:
> On 07/03/06, Robert Tate <rbt at iag.net> wrote:
> > I just picked up a Sony DRU-820A, 2 layar, DVD+-R, +-RW, RAM drive. It
> > seems to be ok in the normal modes, but I'm not sure what I need to due
> > with the RAM usage. I have some DVD-RAM disks. I put one in on the off
> > chance it would just work, but it said it wasn't formatted. What do I
> > need to due to use the this in RAM mode. I didn't find anything that
> > seemed to be aimed at this.
>
> I've never used DVD-RAM myself but from a quick Google it looks
> relatively straightforward...
>
> http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&q=linux+dvd+ram&meta=
>
> http://www.esrf.fr/computing/cs/intro/dvd-ram.htm
>
> Will.

I tried some of the things pointed at by the above links and am not getting
anything usefull. It responds that the device is read only when I try the
format. I didn't see anything relating to CentOS or the upstream supplier and
DVD-RAMs.

Has anyone used DVD-RAM on CentOS 4? I'd like to hear from someone that has.