[CentOS] Centosplus & CentOS Extras, Enlarge your tent

Sat Mar 11 14:36:56 UTC 2006
Craig White <craigwhite at azapple.com>

On Sat, 2006-03-11 at 05:57 -0800, Jim Smith wrote:
> I think Jim (the other one) is doing a marvellous job with extras and
> plus but he needs to expand the size of his tent. A sensible package
> policy in extras/plus repo will mean fewer temptations to install 3rd
>  party repo's that can break your system. Some of the packages i
> would like to see are :-
>
> - MySQL 5 rpms
> - php 5 rpms (already provided)
> - Open Office 2.0 rpms
> - webmin
> - rkhunter
> - chkrootkit
> - tripwire
> - Adobe, Realplayer & Java plugins (though licensing might be a
> hindrance)
> - wine from winehq
----
My opinion is that you can trust dag repository which means that you can
pick up webmin from there.

Licensing issues mean that you are very unlikely to see Acrobat Reader,
RealPlayer or Java in 3rd party repositories

I'll let others comment about the rest.

I will say though that so far, I am really thrilled with kde-redhat
repository and they have kept samba up and kde up to date and they have
worked really well so far - thanks Rex

Craig