[CentOS] Need kernel 2.6.9-43.unsupport fron centosplus

Sun Mar 12 15:15:35 UTC 2006

lnthai2002 at aim.com wrote:
> I have been using kernel from centosplus for a few months. It quite
> stable and have support for my TV card and ntfs partitions. However,
> after the last yum update, kernel 2.6.9-34 from the update repo has been
> installed with all other updated packages. In fact, i still have kernel
> 2.6.9-22.106.unsupport on my system but whenever i use this kernel, the
> cupsd can not start. Can anyone tell me when the kernel
> 2.6.9-34.unsupport available? If nobody make that unsupport kernel, how
> can i roll back all the packages that can be use with kernel
> 2.6.9-22-106.unsupport or how can i add driver for my TV card and ntfs
> support?

the unsupported / centosplus kernel's usually lag by a few days behind
the released base kernels. for 2.6.9-34.EL, expect the unsupported
kernel by Tuesday 14th March.

if you are using the centosplus kernel, it might be a good idea to have
an exclude=kernel-2.6.9* in the [base] section of your
/etc/yum.repos.d/CentOS-Base.repo file, that will ensure you dont get
the kernels from [base] and only update from the centosplus kernels

- KB