[CentOS] YUM update from RHEL3 to CentOS3 stalls

Mon Mar 13 18:23:15 UTC 2006

On Mon, 2006-03-13 at 10:03 -0800, iank at mac.com wrote:
> Johnny Hughes wrote:
>  >
>  > try:
>  > yum clean
>  >
>  > and then
>  >
>  > yum upgrade
>
> Thanks Johnny.
>
> I forgot to mention that I have already tried:
>
> yum clean
> yum clean all
> rebuilding the RPM database
> clearing out all of the headers/header.info under /var/cache/yum
>
> It still claims nothing needs to be done.
>
> BTW, sorry if this reply hoses threading. I'm in an in-between state
> right now,
> in the midst of switching jobs. So, my mail list memberships are being
> received in
> one place, but sent from another.

As far as yum is concerned, it will usually continue with other packages
after killing the current one.

You can do an "rpm -qa | sort" and compare to the CentOS tree.

You can also look at:

/var/log/yum.log to see what is installed after mysql

and ...

rpm -qa --last | less

(to see rpms installed in reverse order from the rpmdb)