[CentOS] ATI X300 on CentOS 4

Thu Mar 16 21:08:13 UTC 2006
Kanwar Ranbir Sandhu <m3freak at rogers.com>

On Thu, 2006-16-03 at 12:23 -0600, Aleksandar Milivojevic wrote:
> BTW, I've just tryed out ATI drivers on X300.  2D seems to be more
> responsive (but this might be purely subjective, I've not run any
> benchmarks), and of course there's also 3D acceleration.  Installation
> is not for the faint of hearth indeed.  Shame that people working for
> free in their spare time are polishing their software more than paid
> programmers.

[snip...]

Holy shit.  And here I was thinking the ATI driver install was as simple
as the nvidia installer. It's not even close.

I'm starting to understand why people complain so much about ATI support
for Linux.

Anyway, thanks for the post, Alexander.  That will definitely come in
handy.

Regards,

Ranbir
--