[CentOS] Groups and rpms

Fri Mar 17 15:51:15 UTC 2006
Paul Heinlein <heinlein at madboa.com>

On Fri, 17 Mar 2006, Karanbir Singh wrote:

>>  I would like to see something of what rpms are within what group.
>>  then what rpms are not in any group.  And which groups and
>>  stand-a-lone rpms are base.
>>
>>  maybe it can be teased out of comp.xml...
>>

> you should be able to write a parser trivially, or use the rpmdb
> stock stored within the distro for this sort of info.

I occasionally use an XSLT stylesheet included below for such things,
although it won't show rpms not included in any groups. Perhaps you'll
find it useful:

   http://www.madboa.com/resource/xsl/comps-groups.xsl

Using xsltproc, it produces an xhtml file you can view in a web
browser.

--
Paul Heinlein <> heinlein at madboa.com <> www.madboa.com