[CentOS] Updating kernel and RAID

Sat Mar 18 16:19:28 UTC 2006

On Sat, 2006-03-18 at 11:15 -0500, William Warren wrote:
> not that i have found.  I have updated my kernel more than a few times
> with Centos updates and not had a problem with my software RAID 1 array.

The only potential issue that I can think of is if you need to build a
driver for your hardware.  If you installed from a CentOS CD/DVD and did
not need any new drivers to be compiled, then it should be safe to
upgrade the kernel.

There are dmraid issues with a couple machines, but you can just
uninstall dmraid if it is a problem in those instances.