[CentOS] python 2.4.2

Sun Mar 19 22:45:07 UTC 2006
Jim Perrin <jperrin at gmail.com>

On 3/19/06, Jure Pečar <pegasus at nerv.eu.org> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Has anyone sucessfully compiled python 2.4.2 on centos 4.2 x86_64?
> I'm trying with soon-to-be fc5 source rpm and it wants to convice me it doesn't know about libX11, but it is there:

Seems people want to go down this hellish road for some reason I have
yet to understand.

Messing with python can make your system angry and can affect many
other packages like rpm and yum, so proceed with caution and backups.

You can use pyvault if you absolutely need updated python packages, or
you may want to consider building in /opt/ so as not to conflict with
current system packages. Of the two, I think pyvault may be the safer
option, but have backups anyway. Have I stressed the point about
backups?

safety deserve neither liberty nor safety''
Benjamin Franklin 1775