[CentOS] Re: centos] phpMyAdmin login problems

Mon Mar 20 16:48:48 UTC 2006
rado <rado at rivers-bend.com>

On Sun, 2006-03-19 at 22:00 -0500, R P Herrold wrote:
> On Sun, 19 Mar 2006, rado wrote:
>
> > running 4.2 and the latest stable phpMyAdmin 2.8.0.1 of course all the
> > lamp stuff is running.
>
> > I can log on as root from local w/the password and it will come up as
> > root should w/all privileges.
>
> A sensible set of security defaults would have an ACL
> permitting ('Allow from 127.0.0.1 // Deny from all')
>
> > coming in from the web is a different story: if one tries to log on from
> > the web to the following url and msg:
> [... from an external IP]
> > Forbidden
> > You don't have permission to access /phpmyadmin/index.php on this
> > server.
>
> and it may actually be that sensible defaults reign.  Check
> with the upstream as to further details as to this -- maybe
> even read the documentation; or, dare I say it, read the
> source of the config files.
>
> - Russ Herrold
kk thx Russ,

...from phpMyAdmin docs, I set the permissions exactly as they said
or I thought I did lol

I am really having a bad time of this but how do they say...nothing good
comes easy...just wish this info would quit bouncing off me and some of
it stick!

thx

John