[CentOS] FreeRadius version

Tue Mar 21 08:46:52 UTC 2006
Joseph Haig <joseph.haig at supanet.net.uk>

Robert Moskowitz wrote:

> It seems to me that the ver of FreeRadius is 1.0.1:
>
> yum list | grep "radius"
> freeradius.i386                          1.0.1-3.RHEL4 installed
> freeradius-mysql.i386                    1.0.1-3.RHEL4          base
> freeradius-postgresql.i386               1.0.1-3.RHEL4          base
> freeradius-unixODBC.i386                 1.0.1-3.RHEL4          base
>
> According to freeradius.org, this was released 8/17/04 and 1.1.0 was
> released 1/12/06
>
> Why is the distributed version so far behind?

I looked into versions of FreeRadius a few months ago (ie, before
version 1.1 came out) and I found that although the recommended version
at the time was 1.0.4 most distributions offered earlier versions and
1.0.1 was not uncommon.  If I remember correctly, it was only the
ultra-up-to-date distributions like Gentoo that had the latest version.

I guess that the move from 1.0 to 1.1 is considered a major update that
will come with CentOS 5.