[CentOS] lphdisk and kickstart partitioning - laptop install

Tue Mar 21 15:29:53 UTC 2006

At 10:43 PM 3/20/2006, Matt Hyclak wrote:
>On Mon, Mar 20, 2006 at 08:40:26PM -0600, Robert Moskowitz enlightened us:
> > So I want the suspend to disk option.
> >
> > I have found lphdisk http://www.procyon.com/~pda/lphdisk/
> >
> > It says to create a primary partition of type a0
> >
> > How do I do this in kickstart?  Will it let me do a type?
> >

> > part /??? --fstype a0 --size 1058
> >
> > size is 1024 + 32 + 2
> >
> > What do I put in for the mount point?
> >
> > Where do I go for help?  I have exhausted google...
>
>I would suggest reading the documentation about kickstart, not just
>guessing.
>http://www.redhat.com/docs/manuals/enterprise/RHEL-4-Manual/sysadmin-guide/s1-kickstart2-options.html

I have spent hours reading this and trying to read 'between the
lines' already, before I asked here...

>You'll notice the listing of valid fstype options, none of which are a0.

yes.  that is why I turned to asking.

>I would recommend looking to %pre or %post sections to format the right
>partition type for you with the native tools.

Fine. I am even willing to run it completely after the install.  But
what do I do for creating the partition?   Do I just do a dummy mount
point like /suspend  ?  An fstype of ext3?  And how do I specify a
primary partition (and do primaries have to come before ext3
partitions?  Have not found text on this.)

And then use some other tool ????  that will remove the mount point
and change the fstype to a0 before running lphdisk?

Or do I leave part of the disk not in a partition and use some other
tool to prepare the partition for lphdisk?