[CentOS] Forced upgrade to 4.3 ?

Thu Mar 23 01:01:23 UTC 2006
Kevin Krieser <k_krieser at sbcglobal.net>

You can always download updates individually via ftp.

There IS always a risk with these bigger upgrades.  The upgrade to 4.2
brought a bug in the dmraid(?) package that broke my home Linux server.  It
took help on this site to finally find the problem, which was in the
upstream provider's version.

-----Original Message-----
From: centos-bounces at centos.org [mailto:centos-bounces at centos.org] On Behalf
Of techlist06
Sent: Wednesday, March 22, 2006 5:29 PM
To: centos at centos.org
Subject: [CentOS] Forced upgrade to 4.3 ?

I have Centos 4.2 and I run yum update periodically and manually when
security patches are released, etc.  Today I saw the sendmail security
update and although I don't use sendmail (I use Postfix) I ran "yum update"
and got a huge list of 93 packages to update.  I presume this is to upgrade
to 4.3.  As this is a production server I'm nervous about doing an update
that big.

Is there a way to not go to 4.3, or should I just go on and load it?  I have

a few packages I loaded from source, all related to my mail system (dcc,
razor, amavisd-new, spamassassin).  I'm worried about the 4.3 update hosing
those.

Thanks,
Scott