[CentOS] Webserver redundancy - help

Thu Mar 23 14:42:51 UTC 2006
Wayne <wayne at nightsol.net>

On 23/03/2006 14:21, "Steve Huff" <shuff at vecna.org> wrote:

> you might want to think about run a Red Hat Cluster Suite cluster,
> since it's been ported to CentOS.  read the readme here:
>
> http://mirror.centos.org/centos/4/csgfs/Readme.txt
>
> be aware that while i believe that this system would satisfy your
> needs (based on the information you've provided), setting up CS/GFS
> is a nontrivial task.  read all the docs and be sure you understand
> what you're doing; if not, ask.
>
> important considerations:
> 1) you *need* shared storage.  use a fibre channel or iSCSI SAN, or
> use an external disk chassis with a scsi controller for each host.
> 2) you *need* some automatic means of fencing (i.e. power-cycling)
> the hosts in the cluster.  a network-controlled power switch will do
> this well; if you don't want to buy one, some servers have remote
> management ports that will permit fencing.
>
> -steve

Hi Steve,

This solution would be perfect, by my problem is that Im renting the servers
in the datacentre and I have no physical access. The servers are with
fasthosts.co.uk so I cannot do something like this. I can only communicate
between the servers using TCP/IP.
Thanks for your recommendation though, I would love to be able to use it.

Regards,
 Wayne