[CentOS] module kernel for adaptec 2110s in CenOS 4.2

Fri Mar 24 17:52:36 UTC 2006
iagosineiro at yahoo.es <iagosineiro at yahoo.es>

I'll try that. Thanks.

-----Mensaje original-----
De: centos-bounces at centos.org [mailto:centos-bounces at centos.org] En nombre
de Les Mikesell
Enviado el: viernes, 24 de marzo de 2006 14:48
Para: CentOS mailing list
Asunto: Re: [CentOS] module kernel for adaptec 2110s in CenOS 4.2

On Fri, 2006-03-24 at 06:21, iagosineiro at yahoo.es wrote:

> I’ve used ghost for change the ide disk for an array of scsi in raid
> using an adaptec controller 2110s.

> Now when I boot it didn’t boot correctly. Looking for in Internet
> (http://kbase.redhat.com/faq/FAQ_46_4969.shtm) I guest that I have to
> rebuild the initial ramdisk to contain the proper kernel modules for
> the adaptec controller. But what is the kernel module for 2110s in
> kernel 2.6.x? I also have to adding a line in /etc/modprobe.conf, but
> I don’t know the format for that.

I don't know the details about that controller, but you
should be able to boot the Centos install CD with
linux rescue
at the boot prompt and see what it loads.  Follow the
instructions to 'chroot /mnt/sysinstall' when it tells
you to.  Then if you missed the 'loading ...' during
bootup you can probably find the module name with
'lsmod'.  Add  a line like:
alias scsi_hostadapter aic7xxx
to /etc/modprobe.conf but with the correct module for your
adapter. Then run /sbin/mkinitrd with path and kernel
version numbers to replace your existing on.

--
  Les Mikesell
   lesmikesell at gmail.com