[CentOS] CentOS 4.3 Jigdo

Sat Mar 25 01:22:00 UTC 2006
Maciej Żenczykowski <maze at cela.pl>

> Further note, you can just use jigdo-lite:
>
> $ jigdo-lite CentOS-4.3-i386-bin1of4.jigdo

Indeed, just use it like this:

jigdo-lite http://mirror.tcs.ii.uj.edu.pl/jigdo/CentOS-4.3-i386-binDVD.jigdo

Please note: you either need to download both .jigdo and .template [then
you can edit the .jigdo file to change Server URLs] in to the local
directory and specify a normal .jigdo filename on the jigdo-lite command
line - or - you need to specify the jigdo URL on the command line
and have all the CD's files handy.

Once jigdo-lite starts up it asks for a CDROM/DVD/other mountpoint or
directory.  What you do is in another terminal mount a CD/DVD or whatever
with the required files and provide this path to jigdo-lite (it might also
be a locally kept mirror tree).  The more specific a path you provide the
less data will need to be hashed to determine file matches.  Once those
files are hashed and copied into the 'image-in-progress' jigdo-lite will
return to the above question.  You may now unmount the CD/DVD in another
terminal.
You can return to the mount a CD/DVD in another terminal point above to
continue with another CD or you can press enter and move on the Server
URLs from the jigdo file (currently they point to the location of the
files on my server... that's why you might want to edit the Server section
in the .jigdo file).
Finally everything should be matched downloaded and included into the
final image, it should be verified and everything should be ready to use.

Cheers,
MaZe