[CentOS] yum update killed on cleanup stage - anything to worry about?

Sun Mar 26 18:22:52 UTC 2006
Matt Arnilo S. Baluyos (Mailing Lists) <matt.baluyos.lists at gmail.com>

On 3/26/06, Will McDonald <wmcdonald at gmail.com> wrote:
> I have a bunch of duplicate packages I'm going to have to sort through
> manually and remove the older versions...
>
> rpm -qa --qf "%{NAME}.%{arch}\n" | sort | uniq -d
> apr.i386
> audit.i386
> xorg-x11-Mesa-libGL.i386
> ypbind.i386
> yum.noarch

Thanks everyone for the reply.

Yes, I did get lots of duplicate packages but I've already fixed that.
Basically, what I did was to run Adam Stoke's script to remove
duplcate packages. It can be located at http://astokes.org/?q=node/49

After the duplicate packages were removed, I then did a yum -y update
again - ended up downloading ~160mb packages all over again but the
update went cleanly this time.

Best Regards,
Matt

--
Stand before it and there is no beginning.
Follow it and there is no end.