[CentOS] OT: New article: Let's block cracker using denyhosts

Thu Mar 30 15:59:11 UTC 2006
Chris Mauritz <chrism at imntv.com>

Fajar Priyanto wrote:
> Dear all,
> I have written an article how to block cracker using denyhosts.
> This is the excerpts:
> Internet is a cruel world. Server owner that is always connected to the
> internet knows this. Crackers are always trying to hack into our server day
> and night, 24 hours, 365 days non-stop. How do we secure our server? There
> are many ways to do it, one of them is using denyhosts. With it, we can block
> those crackers after certain amount of failed login attempts.
>
> The article can be found at:
> http://linux2.arinet.org/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=132&Itemid=2
>
> Knowledge belongs to everyone,

You might want to add a few lines describing how to add the appropriate
yum repository so the user doesn't see:

[root at somehost ]# yum install denyhosts
Server: CentOS-3 - Addons
Server: CentOS-3 - Base
Server: CentOS-3 - Extras
Server: CentOS-3 - Updates
Finding updated packages
Downloading needed headers
Cannot find a package matching denyhosts
No actions to take
#

8-)

Cheers,